Welcome to Tender Care Learning Centers. The foundation of a lifetime love of learning is set. At Tender Care we provide children with a safe, nurturing and educationally supportive environment here in the Pittsburgh region along with our Apple Tree locations in Connecticut and Iowa. Daycare is not a word that we use to describe our schools. We offer child care and preschool programs designed with the complete picture of the child in mind - to support them emotionally, educationally and socially.
Tender Care Learning Centers in Pittsburgh are a part of the Bradford Child Care Services family - a non-profit organization that has pioneered new standards in child care and early childhood education since 1982. Today, Bradford Child Care Services operates Tender Care Learning Centers and Apple Tree Children’s Centers, serving over 2,000 families across three states. Since its inception, Tender Care Learning Centers has cultivated the overall company philosophy - to provide exceptional care and to foster within children a continued love of learning. A traditional Pittsburgh daycare may offer a safe harbor for a child during working hours, but does it provide a child with everything that they need to gain confidence, explore new learning strategies, and develop to their full potential? At Tender Care Learning Centers, we combine an exceptional learning environment with the love, care, and support we all demand for our children. What can you expect from Tender Care Learning Centers?
- We are not a Pittsburgh day care center; we are a child care center. As we like to say, “we care for children, not days.” As a team we are invested in the positive results that we see when we support each child with the resources and attention that meet their very individual needs. Each child is different; we respect and encourage their uniqueness.
- A safe, home-like environment. Let’s face it, being able to care for our children at home is wonderful but it’s not always possible or preferable for many reasons. We know there’s no place like home but we provide our children with the next best thing. Here they will be loved and nurtured as you would want them to be, as well as encouraged to develop at their own pace and according to their own interests.
- Team members who are passionate about what they do. From our qualified teachers to our professional center managers, the team here at Tender Care Learning Centers are among some of the most dedicated and talented professionals in the field. They love children and they love to see them grow and excel. They are proud to be able to offer them the daily care and support they deserve. Many of our teachers and managers have been with us for a decade or more; reflective of our overall dedication as a company to providing continuity of care.
- Wonderful, age-appropriate programs for infants through school-aged children. We have taken great pride in developing programs that speak to the individual needs of children. We encourage self-confidence, creativity, and the freedom to explore the world around them. Learning happens every day and it happens differently for every child; we support learning within each child’s unique way of processing information.
- A collaborative relationship with parents within which we share information and partner in developing the most comfortable and successful experience for their children. We recognize that parents are the link between home and school and we take pride in having amazing relationships with our parents through which the sharing of ideas and information is encouraged and welcomed.