Read this checklist to compare other programs to Tender Care Learning Centers!
- Is there a written curriculum that the teachers use to plan their lessons?
- Is there a lesson plan posted for the parents to use as a guide for learning about their child's day?
- Is there a program designed for each age group, including the infant classroom?
- Is the learning program designed to enhance the development of the "whole" child?
- Is there evidence of language and literacy through the use of stories, experience charts, journaling, dramatic play and music?
- Do the lesson plans include a variety of activities to promote creative arts, science, social learning and language skills?
- Is ongoing training offered to the teachers for continuing education?
- Is there a balance of teacher-directed and child-initiated activities through out the day?
- Does the school offer an educational program during the summer months?
- Is the school licensed and in good standing with the appropriate state licensing agency?
- Is the school accredited or in the process of becoming accredited by NAEYC?
- Is the school clean and is the equipment in good condition?
- Is each room equipped with age-appropriate toys?
- Is there an emergency exit plan posted in each classroom?
- Is there a security keypad system for parents to enter and exit the school?
- Is there a safety policy in place for drop-off and pick-up procedures?
- Is there an outdoor playground with sturdy equipment that is well anchored on proper impact-absorbing surfacing?
- Is the outdoor playground fenced in for the children's safety?
- Are the classrooms arranged to accommodate small and large group activities?
- Are the teachers talking with the children and encouraging meaningful conversation?
- Are the teachers interacting and responding to the children?
- Do you hear pleasant and happy voices from both the teachers and children?
- Do the teachers have training in Early Education, Child Development or a related field?
- Do the teachers offer the parents time to meet one on one with the parent to assess the needs of their child?
- Does the school have a training program for the teachers?
- Is the ratio of children to teachers within state guidelines?
- Is the staff trained in First Aid and CPR?
- Are parental visits, questions and comments welcomed at all times?
- Does the school place an emphasis on parent communication and involvement?
- Does the school offer a variety of social events that the entire family can attend such as summer picnics and holiday gatherings?
- Are there opportunities for parent/teacher conferences?
- Does the school send home daily or weekly sheets to inform the parents of their child's daily activities and learning?
- Does each teacher have a primary group of children for whom they are responsible?
- Is there an opportunity for the parents to assess the program?
- Is there a gradual enrollment policy?
- What if my child needs part-time care?
- What if my child is on vacation for one or more weeks?
- What are the hours of operation at this school?
- What if I need to drop off or pick up my child after my contracted time?
- What are the school's payment policies?
- Is there a policy in place for administering medication?
- What is the school's sick policy?
- What days are the school closed for holidays and in-service trainings?